The Task Force on Flexible Education (TFFE) includes a cross-section of SFU’s academic community, including two Deans, the Chief Information Officer, the Directors of the Teaching and Learning Centre and the Centre for Online and Distance Education, and faculty and student representatives. It is chaired by Bill Krane, special advisor to the Vice-President, Academic.
Selected members of the Task Force are serving as co-chairs of two working groups that will investigate key areas of interest during fall 2014, and spring 2015. The working groups will include faculty, student and staff representatives.
The Task Force and the working groups are supported by a project team led by David Porter, former Executive Director of BCcampus. The project team conducts primary and secondary research, engages in community consultations within the university community, and provides administrative and organizational support.
If you would like to get involved in the project, or have ideas about flexible education at SFU, please contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.782.9848.
Task Force Team
- Bill Krane (Chair) – Special Advisor to VP Academic, Office of the VPA
- Jay Black – Chief Information Officer, Office of the VPA
- Stephanie Chu (non-voting) – Director, Teaching and Learning Centre
- John Craig – Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Ehsan Jozaghi – Graduate Student, PhD Candidate, Criminology
- Mary-Ellen Kelm – Associate Dean, Students, Graduate Studies
- Kris Magnusson – Dean, Faculty of Education
- Jamie Mulholland – Senior Lecturer, Mathematics
- Brian Naicker (non-voting) – Director, Centre for Online and Distance Education
- Tim Rahilly – Associate Vice President, Students, Student Services
- Tesicca Truong – Undergraduate Student, Environmental Science
- Larry White – Director, Non-Credit Programs, Lifelong Learning
- Alyssa Wise – Associate Professor, Education